Let’s carry your luggage and start your travel crossing Southeast Asia on foot, through Vientiane (Laos), Phnom Penh (Cambodia), then Bangkok (Thailand), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Singapore in a month. This is certainly an economical, exciting and emotional journey.
1. Going to Laos
- If you want to go to Vientiane or Pakse (where many Vietnamese live in of Laos), you can come to Mien Dong bus station (Saigon) to get car tickets. The passenger car departs at 20.00 p.m with the price at $55 for 2000 km. And if you have never gone pass the central region and the road from Lao Bao to Laos before, you certainly should try this bus route.
Lao Bao border gate in Laos.
- However the long journey will make you quite tired. About three days or two nights, you will reach to Laos, eat dishes along the Lao Bao border gate, and see the pristine, majestic view of mountains on road to Laos.
- If you want to go on the route to Pakse province (passing Cambodia), you should take Minh Vu passenger car (phone number +84 98 996 1234). The total cost is $37 per one person. In this journey, you will come to Pakse only in one day. And it is very convenient to take passenger car to Vientiane from Pakse.
- Departing from Vientiane, you can take many buses to go to other famous places in this country. Enjoy the evening on the banks of the Mekong, visit the Garden of Buddha, visit Sisaket (the famous ancient temple), go to the Lao - Thai Friendship Bridge, or visit famous That Luang.
2. Going to Cambodia
- In the other journey to Cambodia, with any car ticket in the foreign street Pham Ngu Lao (District 1, Ho Chi Minh city), you can also arrive in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. It will take you a half day to reach to Phnom Penh, and 12 hours on bus to come in Siem Reap.
- The price of bus from Ho Chi Minh city to Siem Reap is quite cheap, about 24 USD and there is a little different level between kinds of bus. This road is very safe and a famous route to Vietnamese tourists. You only need to spend 12 hours and see by your own eyes the beauty of the world wonder- Angkor temple complex.
Riding or taking tuk tuk in Siem Reap
You will fall in love with tuk tuk exploring soon.
1. Riding bicycle
Because Siem Reap is a small city, you can totally hire a bicycle at the price 1 USD per one day to explore every corner. Only with this and an entrance ticket to Angkor Wat, you can go into to visit the temples in complex, including Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Preah Khan and Ta Prohm.
2. Hiring tuk tuk
Hiring a tuk tuk is also an economical idea helping you to explore the farther temples in next days, about 15 km to 30 km from the center of city. The price of hiring is high or low, depending on your bargaining ability.
Taking the bus or unlicensed coach to Poi Pet/ Bangkok.
- Everyday there is bus in the morning from Siem Reap to take tourists to Poi Pet border gate, on the Cambodian-Thai border. You can easily find this bus in any guesthouse of Siem Reap. Besides, you should spend one day playing in Aranyaprathet - the Thai border market. People say happily that you can even buy a helicopter in this market
- At the bus station of Poi Pet, it is easy for you to find the tickets to travel in Cambodia.
2. Taking the unlicensed coach to Bangkok
Going to Bangkok by buses will take you much time, but it is very cheap.
- With only 10 USD for 2 hours on the unlicensed coach, you can arrive in Bangkok.
- In Bangkok there are so many kinds of cars. You can go by bus to explore the city, go by more convenient metro. To go to far provinces of Thailand, Bus is very popular.
- Coming to Hua Lamphong station to buy train tickets to many far places. The train is nice and comfortable with the cheap ticket price, but you should ensure about buying enough food for time on train. The "monopoly" restaurant on Thai trains is generally unreasonably expensive.
A budget journey for standard services (from 3 star services up) and private group for Thailand Cambodia Vietnam Tour
. Only from $989 / person or this is our crazy deal for your first sightseeing into Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. You will have some international flights to save your time, and move by private buses in your journey.
1. From Bangkok to Malaysia
- There are many next destinations to go to from Bangkok, but I still choose Penang - a coastal province of Malaysia.
- If you buy a train ticket to Malaysia, you will have to pay about 770 baht, or about $21 per ticket, to get to Butterworth (Penang, Malaysia). This train takes a day and you have to remember to bring along the food, if not you will have to buy some meals with the more expensive price than the ticket train.
2. Taking the ferry to George Town
Don't forget to experience a ferry trip to George Town.
This is a famous ancient town of Penang, and one of the he world heritages. After getting out the train, you just need to walk outside the train station, you will take a ferry to George town. Especially when you pass the ferry, you have to pay tickets by coins (about 3500 VND per a ticket), but in back turn, the cost is free.
3. Exploring Malaysia by bus
- Bus will be a wonderful experience for you in Malaysia with the comfortable, safe and clean buses as the advanced airport. The bus service is very cheap, the bus fare is also very cheap, and you can find the bus route to anywhere in Malaysia. Every bus in Malaysia all has obvious bus ticket, attentive services, and the certain time of departing – arriving in the place.
- Continuing going to the south, you will come to Johor Bahru, the border city of Malaysia - Singapore. Here, just with a bus route you will easily go to Singapore - the shopping paradise of Southeast Asia.
Going by metro or walking to see Singapore
On the island of lions, it is so wonderful when you only need buy a metro ticket to visit all of the city with the cheap price. Though the cost in Singapore is not cheap, you are a bit subtle, you will get all great feeling in this city in an economical way. You also walk for some day to visit Singapore's art, museums and playgrounds.
Traveling by MRT in the country island of Singapore.
If you are still strong, drawing a new way to return to Malaysia - Thailand - Cambodia and Vietnam is very good. However when you are tired, you should end the long journey by a flight from Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City in 1 hour 40 minutes.
If you want to explore Southeast Asia more with more advices and best prices, let's contact to the leading local travel agency
, who has their own offices in Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Cambodia to greet you by the most guanteed way.